Monday, May 04, 2020

The Bible From Scratch

  This is one of my treasured books even if it's not an original copy. I just photocopied the book from my university library. This book is already more than a decade with me.

When I was still in studying, my favorite part in the library was the Religion section. I love to read about the Religious orders, Lives of Saints, and anything about religion and spirituality. I have also read the Bible when I was young, I have a picture Bible before but it's not in my possession anymore. I also like to look at the stick figures drawn by Annie Vallotton, from The Good News Bible when I was a little girl. The Bible at first seems intimidating for me. I have Protestant Study Bible but they're not that helpful at all since their interpretation is different from us Catholics.

Anyway, back to this book. This is a really helpful book. I just posted something about it on Facebook, and my fiancé, helped me out in editing the sentence. It goes something like this.

"The Bible From Scratch" (that I have kept for more than a decade now) is strongly recommended  for those who want to expand their Bible literacy and understanding in a deeper way—those who find Bible reading such a complex and incomprehensible activity! That is why I especially liked and commend this comics-style approach, for it gives me a totally new Bible-reading experience that keeps me riveted and motivated (with the Bible) like never before! Hope you find it useful too and make it count."

So if you haven't got a copy I suggest you get one, after this quarantine/lockdown is over. This is really a great gift also for your loved ones.

Quoting from St. Jerome,"Ignorance of Scripture is Ignorance of Christ!" 

No comments: