Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Nick Vujicic "Unstoppable" in Manila

                  I've known Nick Vujicic through his videos particularly the vid's shown in youtube. When I first saw his video, I was really surprised because I never imagined that a real limbless person exists. I asked myself is this video that I'm watching for real?!! I only know and have seen real people with no arms or no legs but a person having both no arms and no legs is really something new to me! 

                  Last night, was really a memorable night for me. I was able to watch Nick Vujicic's talk in one of the biggest venues here in the Philippines and that is in Araneta Coliseum. It was one of my desires that Nick will one day come and visit my country the Philippines and share his inspiring life story with us. I remember, I even sent an online message to them wayback requesting Nick to have a show here. But as the years fly by, that desire of mine to see him live was forgotten. But now, who says that, that desire of mine is impossible?! Last night my wish finally came true! I went with my churchmate and friend to see Nick's show! It was an unplanned decision actually, because I'm aware that the tickets were sold-out and I have no chance of seeing Nick up close and personal. When I came to work yesterday morning and checked my facebook, I saw that Nick was having a show in SM Mall of Asia. I really wanted to go badly so I really aired my voice in the office, to the point of disturbing my officemates. Finally, I texted my friends. I came to know that  my friend will go because she has a friend who wants to hear Nick too! Then another friend of ours asked me through text if I really want to go, and she added that she doesn't want me to hear my angst and if I'll be sorry for a year if I don't go and see Nick's show. So there am I, after work I went to Cubao to meet my other friend. I was really unsure of going there for some reasons. First, the weather is not good, it is cloudy. Second, when I withdraw my cash in an ATM (East West machine) in Trinoma Mall, no cash came out and I had to report it to the customer service there even making things a hassle for my officemate who went with me to the mall because we will both ride the MRT together. I told myself, maybe this was a sign that I should not go and I really want to back out because, the tickets that we got is for "general patronage" only (meaning the farthest seat ever), and I'm sure that I really can't see Nick from that area very well (of course, there are huge screens on the venue but seeing  him up close is really different. It is way better than having to watch him from afar). And I reasoned to myself  that I got Nick's video and have watched some of it so it's better if I will not go.

Prior to that, last weekend, on a Saturday, my friend texted me if I wanted to see Nick and go with her groupmates in CCF. I declined, because first it was so sudden. Second, I really don't know her groupmates. It is awkward for me to join them and I'm feeling lazy that afternoon (as always) I just want to stay at home. I even had some issues which I aired to my friend regarding this show. (Disappointments, and issues that I've got  with  some people).  Anyway, back on to Nick's show. 

We went there early, maybe 45 minutes before the show. The general patronage area was not as comfy as I imagined. There were no cushioned seats. We had to sit in the stone cold stairs. So I was thinking I really got what we paid for.

The show started with our country's national anthem. Then an opening number from a group called, "The Filipino Tenors". Actually, I'm not familiar with them. They sang some songs from the musical ,"Cats", and an inspirational song. After that the welcome remarks from the hosts of the show -- actress, Rica Peralejo-Bonifacio, (her husband is a pastor) and commercial model Judah Paolo. (I just remembered his name today).  Then there was another spiel from another guest Chinkee Tan author of "Rich God, Poor God" book, etc. He said something about avoiding negative people. Anyway, after that Christian Bautista sung 2 songs. "Who Am I?" and "I Can Only Imagine". We really liked the second song. So when I got home I searched for it and I downloaded it! I love the meaning and the melody of the song because there are times when I ask myself what would it be like to be with Our Almighty Father and Lord Jesus Christ. It would really be unbelievable and maybe the most greatest feeling ever! 

Then after that, there's a video presentation about Nick and after that Nick came out and he started sharing. Some of what he shared  with us I'm already familiar with it because I have seen it in his videos. What I love about Nick is that he is so expressive. He is also full of energy and he's a guy with a good sense of humor. Why he clicked with people because he really can connect to each one of us. I also like the way he shares his faith. Like what my friend says, that night what a gathering also of believers. So we praise GOD for that! It was really one inspiring and blessed evening! Who would have thought that my favorite artist, singer Christian Bautista and the inspirational speaker that I've been longing to see would be together in one show! I now can see that GOD wanted me to see the show. After all the hassles, like what my friend told me it was the hurdle of the enemy. After the show we felt really blessed! Hopefully, next year Nick told us that he might come back again together with his wife and his baby! I will not let that opportunity pass me by again!  After the show, we tried to get Nick's book but it was sold-out by the time we got to the two booths. Anyway, the books will be available in House of Praise, the sales staff told us that they will order more. I didn't go home empty handed I was able to get a free poster of Nick's UNSTOPPABLE tour in Manila (I posted it on the wall beside Christian Bautista's signed poster in my room, see the photo above) and some Christian materials given away from the venue.

GOD is truly amazing. I know He used my friend to be an instrument so I can go and see this show, and for my friend to be blessed together with her friend also! It is a chain reaction of GOD's goodness, in little things.

I would like to end this by quoting what I learned from Nick's talk last night. Remembert that, "In the end, the things that really matters are not THINGS but PEOPLE!, and eventhough we fail to see the sun in the dark clouds, In every dark and stormy clouds underneath it is the sun!" To GOD be the glory always!


(click on the title link below to watch the video)
---

Sometimes I get so tired,
Just trying to find a place,
To lay my head,
I look up to the sky,
I feel the warmest light comfort me,
I've seen the great heights,
Reminding me... That I'm alive

I don't wanna die,
I don't wanna waste another day,
Or night,
I know there's something more,
Than what we're living for,
I see it in the stars,
I feel it on the shores,
I know there's something,
I know there's something more.

I think we're all afraid,
That we might be alone,
Alone down here,
We all want to have some faith,
At least that's true in my case,
To just believe,
I've seen the great height,
Reminding me... That I'm alive,

I don't wanna die,
I don't wanna waste another day,
Or night,
I know there's something more,
Than what we're living for,
I see it in the stars,
I feel it on the shore,
I know there's something,

This world may crumble,
Into the ocean,
It could all end tonight,
I undermined You,
Then tried to find You,
My only source of light,
There breathing... I am
Breathing... I am... alive!

No comments: