Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day!

  Today we are celebrating Mother's day.
I just posted a greeting for my mom on my Facebook wall. We didn't celebrate, and we didn't order food today because my aunt doesn't want any food delivery, she thinks it is still not safe. The whole day we ate nothing but fish, sardines and milkfish. Still thankful because we have enough to eat during this quarantine/lockdown due to the virus, Covid19. I pray that God would continue to protect us all His children, for us to get through this crisis. That this will be over soon.

Every Mother's day, and especially during this month of May, we Roman Catholics honor, and remember our Blessed Mother Mary. After every Mass during the month of May we offer flowers to her. It has been a tradition.

 I admit that before, I was afraid that I might have displeased our Lord Jesus for honoring her mother. But as St. Maximilian Kolbe said, no one can greatly love Mary, than her Son, our Lord Jesus. So I, we should not be afraid of showing how much we love her. We can't simply put the Blessed Virgin Mary aside, because she is the Mother of our Lord Jesus. I remember before, I told our dear Blessed Mother, that she would be my mother, and I would be her adoptive daughter. I long for a loving mother like her, wise, humble, kind, and pious. I told our Lord Jesus, about that memory of mine in the past. I remember praying the Rosary with an image of Our Lady of Guadalupe medal before, that has kept me comfort during the time I was sick because of Dengue, I was confined in the hospital. That was more than a decade ago. Praying the Rosary for others meant

I want to share this post of mine to be a testament, of how dear the mother of Our Lord Jesus was to me, and I also believe for all of us. One popular priest here in my country always say to his listeners, "Jesus, loves you. Mama Mary, loves you!" I'd like to end this post of mine by sharing a beautiful song, by Himig Heswita sung by Fr. RB Hizon. This song best describes our love for our mother, and for our Blessed Mother Mary. Shalom!





No comments: