Saturday, August 29, 2020

Explaining The Faith Series: Fr. Chris Alar, MIC

          Do you believe in the saying love is lovelier the second time around? Well, I can say that I am a believer in that saying now. I returned to our church, after being sidetracked for quite awhile. I have this new passion, and enthusiasm to study more about our Catholic faith. I have learned a lot of good Roman Catholic teachers and speakers, like Dr. Scott Hahn, our very own local Dominican preachers, and Fr. Chris Alar, who hosts a series on YouTube called, "Explaining the Faith." It is aired in the U.S at around 11 a.m., every Saturday. I get to listen to the replay on Sunday, here in the Philippines. Fr. Chris is the Director, of the Association of Marian Helpers The Divine Mercy National Shrine, in Stockbridge, MA. 


I have finished his talks regarding the Shroud of Turin, and the Image of the Divine Mercy. In this talk, I have learned the amazing connection of the Divine Mercy image, and the Shroud of Turin. If you have seen the docudrama of St. Faustina entitled Love and Mercy, you already have an idea of what I am talking about. You will also learn about the veil of  Oviedo, this is not the veil of Veronica. 

The next series that I watched was about the Angels: The Forgotten Army. I was still a teenager when I became curious, and fascinated by the angels. I am familiar with the nine choirs of angels, guardian angel, and the archangels. 

I really enjoyed watching, and also taking down notes on Fr. Alar's lectures. I really learned a lot and I am looking forwars to his next talk. I am very much grateful to their congregation, because I am a devotee of our Lord Jesus, Divine Mercy. I am an official member of the Friends of Mercy. If you want to learn more about our faith, I suggest, you watch Fr. Chris Alar's talks in YouTube, Divine Mercy channel. You can also like their fb page.

No comments: