Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Longing for You, Oh Lord!

This is one of my favorite song. The meaning of the lyrics is really beautiful. The desire decribe in this song is about a person who longs for our Lord God. This is both a prayer and a song. When we sing our prayers its like saying it twice. Let our prayers be a song that comes from our hearts and as we sing from our hearts, as if its like our Lord is singing together with us. Like the person singing in this song may our longings be also the same.

*The original lyrics is in Filipino/Tagalog, I tried my best to translate this song in English. Sang by the Hangad choir and this album is produced by the Jesuit Music Ministry, Philippines. They're my favorite composers/singer/arrangers, when it comes to religious music.

Hangad - Desire

Kung aawit ako ng mag-isa
Awit ko'y awiting nga ba?
Sabayan mo ako, Panginoon,
Sa aking pagkanta

If I will sing by myself,
Is my song really a song?
Accompany me, Lord,
as I sing


Hangad Kang maging tinig ko't hininga
Hangad kong makita ang pagmamahal Mo
Hangad Kang makasabay sa bawat pagkanta
Hangad ko'y hangarin Kita

I desire that You'll be my voice and my breath
My desire is that I'll be able to see Your love
My desire is that You'll sing with me in every song
I desire that You'll be my desire


Kahit minsa'y aking nalilimutan
Ikaw, Poon, ay laging nariyan
Kaya ngayon ang tanging hangad ko
Ay na Ikaw ay laging mapaglingkuran

If sometimes I forget
You, Lord is always there
So now my only desire
Is that I may always be able to serve You


Hindi lang sa pag-awit
Kundi habambuhay
Panginoon, gawing apoy ang puso ko,
Hangaring umaalab para sa 'Yo

Not only when singing
but forever
Lord, make my heart on fire
A desire burning for You


Hangad Kang maging diwa ko't damdamin
Hangad kong tularan ang pagmamahal Mo
Hanagd Kang makasama sa araw-araw,
Hangad ko'y hangarin Kita.

I desire that You become my consciousness & feelings
I desire to follow Your example of love
I desire to be with You everyday
I desire that You'll be my desire


Panginoon, paalabin ang puso ko,
Hangad ko'y Ika'y maging tanging hangad ko...

Lord, make my heart on burn,
I desire that You'll be my only desire...

No comments: