Thursday, April 30, 2020

Lives of Saints Book

  One unforgettable book from my childhood was the LIVES OF SAINTS book. I'm not an outdoor kid. I remember I love to read even before. We started with local kiddie comics, and then my aunt would give us books. My very first introduction to the  Bible was this children's Bible given again to us by our aunt, MY BIBLE FRIENDS by Etta B. Deering. I love the illustrations, and I remember I never get tired of reading it over and over again. Selected stories from the Bible in each volume. This set consists of 10 volumes. (I checked this title, and Googled it. I saw it on an Adventist online store, I don't endorse any book that is not by Roman Catholic. I just cited this book because it was the first Bible story that I read.)

We have lots of books when we were growing up. As a homebody person. My sibling and I likes to play the PC, board games, and just read books or comics. My aunt gave me a LIVES OF SAINT book, sadly that book was not in my possession now. It is just a pocket sized book with beautiful drawings of Saints on the front and back cover. She bought it from a religious sister who was selling books at their office.

I love reading the story of St. Therese of Lisieux also known as St. Therese of the Child Jesus, I remember the story when she was walking one night with her father, she saw the stars form a letter, her name, she said her name was written in heaven! I also love the story of St. Rita, the wife, the nun, and the Saint! I also read the sad story of St. Maria Goretti.  I recommend this book for you to give to your children, and loved ones. We can learn a lot from them. Do not forget saints are humans too! They have feelings too. They have experienced joy, happiness, grief and sadness. The lives of these religious people, who loved God dearly is a good example of how we should live our lives. In everything that they do it is for the greater glory of God!

No comments: