Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Totus Bookstore

         I will never forget the Latin word "Totus," for I have a Pope John Paul II t-shirt wayback when I was still  a teen. I remember it well, it is a pink t-shirt with John Paul II's coat of arms. The shirt's design meaning in English was "All yours, Mary!" The shirt was a gift to me by my late aunt which she bought from our parish church in Manila. 


My husband told me that he will just give me a cash gift this Christmas, and I will just buy what I want for myself. As you all know, I love books, and here was I browsing online for a good Catholic bookstore. I really envy the people abroad like in Canada and U.S., because they can buy good books easily. We have Catholic bookstores here but their titles are not that extensive, and most carry the books written by local authors, and very few imported books. So I was really happy when I found out that this bookstore that I have never heard of carries all of the titles that I'm looking for like the book by Joan Carol Cruz, about the incorrupt bodies of the saints. I am also very much interested in Marian apparitions so I also got another of her book which is entitled, "She How She Loves Us." 

I also bought a Catholic for a Reason series book by Scott Hahn, and another author. The store also specialized in Apologetics books. I mean, this is their main goal to be able to provide good Apologetics books for the church people. We should be able to defend our faith like St. Francis de Sales, especially when Non-Catholics target us in dialogues, or have a debate with us. I'm sure not all of us are knowledgeable on how to answer, and have a counter-reply.

The bookstore is located in Greenhills, San Juan. You can also order and pay online to them, and have the books delivered in your doorstep, just like what I did today. It is very helpful especially during this quarantine season. Looking for good Catholic books? Then checkout Totus Bookstore. 

Their website is Totus Bookstore



No comments: