Saturday, September 12, 2020

Movie Review: Divine Mercy No Escape

           After watching the docudrama movie about St. Faustina, and the Divine Mercy. I suddenly remembered this film that I have seen on tv during my teen years. It was an earlier film by the Marian Fathers, entitled Divine Mercy, No Escape. I was glad to have discovered that someone uploaded that movie on YouTube this week. I immediately watched it. I just finished watching it today. 

The movie was sort of a docudrama also. The narrator was the late American actress Ms. Helen Hayes. In the beginning of the film, we were shown a large copy of the Diary of Faustina Kowalska. I remember I also have the same copy of diary, it was the time when Faustina was not yet a saint. I bought the new edition of her diary from the Marian Fathers, and it has a new cover design. The movie was 50 minutes long. If you are just new to the Divine Mercy, or it's your first time hearing about it, then this short movie is for you.


The movie tells about the life of St. Faustina, the secretary of the Divine Mercy. My favorite scenes in the movie is about Pope John Paul II, being awarded by Marian priests. From the beginning of his ministry in Rome, Pope John Paul II has considered the message of the Divine Mercy his special task. He published it on his second encyclical (a kind of letter concerning Catholic doctrine), Dives in Misericordia, God who is rich in mercy. This movie is very timely. We can see God's great love and mercy for us. If you have not seen this movie, I suggest you must. 

No comments: